Built February 1952, this Fixed Head Coupé was designated for the US market and distributed via Hoffmans Ltd. It would remain in America until the mid 1990s when it was repatriated to the UK.
In long term ownership since its return, the Coupe underwent an extensive, body off restoration in 2004/2005. Various upgrades make the Jaguar a more sporting and practical option that its standard brethren, in the style of a Nigel Dawes car. These include:
– A fast road specification 3.4 engine that includes large, 2” SU Carbs, later, large capacity sump etc.
– Power assisted rack and pinion steering
– Synchromesh gearbox with Overdrive
– Coopercraft front disc brake conversion
– Stiffer, more compliant front shock absorbers
– Telescopic shock absorbers on the rear
– New chrome wire wheels with Vredestein tyres.
Similar cosmetic improvements have been made inside which include period correct bucket seats and wood rimmed steering wheel. Presented with the car is a superb history file which includes a wealth of invoices and images depicting its extensive restoration and continued maintenance.