Named after the Roman road that stretched from Rome to Ariminum, the Lancia Flaminia graced the roads of Europe from 1957 until its final production year in 1970. The Flaminia was a huge technical leap forward from the outgoing Aurelia.
Introduced in 1962, the distinctive 2-door aluminium body of the GTL was designed by Italian coachbuilder Carrozzeria Touring. Slightly longer and taller than the standard GT version, only 300 of the 2+2 GTL’s were thought to have been built. Powered by the Lancia V6, the triple carburettor 2.8 Litre engine produced 150hp. Typically, the rear end was De Dion with a four speed rear mounted transaxle.
This beautifully restored example was built in 1965, the final year of production for the GTL. The large history file that accompanies the Lancia details an extensive restoration in 2010, with invoices from UK specialist Omicron engineering. Particular attention was given to the body, evident by the unusually good shut lines. It drives well, the light, responsive steering typically Lancia.
One of the best examples of the rare 3C GTL’s, the Flaminia is one of the few remaining sub-£100,000 Superleggera’s. An intelligent, stylish alternative to many of the more mainstream coupes of the period.